Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Week 7-9 burn baby burn...

What a blissful day today... I woke up this morning without growling tummy and massive heartburns. Thanks to my chest being given a good ol’ traditional massage to let the wind out. For the first time after I know I’m pregnant, I can have lunch with my lunch kakis without having to run downstairs at 12pm. I have been experiencing growling tummy every hour despite everything I ate from rice to apples. And each time after I ate, I will get heartburns as if there’s a fireballs factory inside me that makes me break down and cry. My miracle is making me miserable....
Each time, I wailed to mrjones "what have I got myself into??", he would scurry all over places to find food to soothe my heartburn ranges from vitagen to ice creams to aloe juice. He even marched to Borders at The Curve and bought pregnancy books that writes extensively on heartburns. Each time he asks me what he can do to soothe my heartburn, I will answer back there’s nothing you can do beb..
According to the book, I am not supposed to get it now and I should be getting it in my third trimester. However, there are some cases where mothers-to-be do get them in first trimester and that includes me !! Heartburns in first trimester basically happen when my digestion process slows down and tummy acids stays longer thus causing heartburns. I can’t sleep at night plus having to get up frequently to pee. What’s infuriating is, everytime I managed to doze off after exercising mind over matter for heartburns, I will get the urge to pee. Dang it !!
Nothing pleases my mum seeing me getting half of what she got while she was having me back then.. Apparently for her, besides getting heartburn, all day morning sickness is the order of day for the whole of her pregnancy. You should be thankful cos you can eat bla bla...me, I just puke everytime I look at the rice. Six doctors attended me when I was carrying you bla bla... Okay, point taken, my condition is not as bad as hers and I shouldn’t complain profusely and be patient..
Hari raya yesterday, I look forlornly at those rendangs and nasi minyak. I wouldn’t dare touch them. In fact, on Friday before raya, I crave for nasi lemak that my colleague ate at the pantry so off I go to Cold Storage to buy one. Pre-pregnancy, I would rate the sambal as mild. Being pregnant, as a result of that stupid sambal, I get heartburns that last me for the weekend. Now, I’m getting smarter by avoiding all kinds of chilli and food with spices, not even a tinge of pepper. Mum cooked daging masak kicap for me and toddlers (those nephews and nieces that came yesterday). How embarassing !! My food is reduced until to that level.
How am I going to cope with kenduri balik haji in Penang early next month ?? What can I eat there ?? You know their standard food, heavily laced with spices...Nasi briyani, dalca, curries, masak merah... At the moment, I subsist on soups, fruits, milk and kicap-styled dishes. I’m thinking of asking my mum to cook me some daging masak kicap to last me for 4 days there.. Borrsss... I hope I can find myself in Penang some noodle soups in between daging masak kicap.
Alamak! as I'm writing this, I teringin pulak ikan bawal goreng panas-panas, drizzled with soy sauce and fried shallots.. Yummm, must ask mum to make one tomorrow.

to trueblue, what bad person ?? u get urself pregnant when u're ready. i thot im ready to get pregnant but baru kena heartburn, dah sibuk ckp kat hubby im going into antenatal depression.. to my frens, thanks for all your doa for me..