Wednesday, December 21, 2005

how to deal with meddlers....?

Finally !! I am eligible for an LV baby diaper bag, tee hee !! Monday, I went to the two towers’ clinic for confirmation. Wah lama sungguh nak dapat result, perut I dah keroncong maut punya. After an hour, I'm tested positive, already 6 weeks and due in august next year.. After I told mrjones about the result, I was flooded with well-wishers especially from my in-laws’ clan. As if not enough, they even gave me names for the baby...Eh, excuse me ?! I dah :
1. been harassed with the clan’s favourite question since month 1 of marriage (I didn’t know I look like one of Hugh Hefner’s honey bunny)
2. penat-lelah main
3. gave up my favourite soya-based food and beverage
4. take yucky royal jelly
boleh pulaaaaa, senang² je suruh I guna-pakai nama yang diaorg bagi. Kot ye pun excited, bawa-bawa bertenang la ye....
No way, not now, not ever.
I am perfectly capable of choosing the right name for the baby (if it’s a boy je). I haven’t think up names in case it’s a girl. Actually, I’m quite proud with the name because, two months ago before fasting month started, as I was doodling in my Saturday’s kelas tafsir, the name just leap out at me from the Qur’an. Not bad for someone who have to be dragged to the class by my loving mom.
That moment, I really wish I was pregnant so I can name him that. It means "glorious win/success" - perfect for me la kan; after trying for one year, husband and I successfully made me pregnant. Hopefully with that name, he will encounter glorious win or success in all stages of his life..he’s a winner for being the only sperm among million others that made it to one of my 12 eggs ovulated yearly. Coincidently, to the only egg that is matured enough and big enough in size to be fertilised. So yes it is - "glorious win". Wah !! macam menang Perang Salib jer, hahaa...
I feel like replying to this person "go get yourself pregnant, give your baby whatever names you want and stop interfering into your sister-in-law’s life!" I have 5 sisters-in-law and I never am interested in suggesting names for their babies. So, I am actually amazed with her ability to do all these to me. I can see her maturing into typical mami penang.. Annoying and loud.
I have 9 long months to go *sigh* and I can see her in my vision, pestering me or mrjones to use names she like. Maybe she wants to be helpful, maybe she is excited.. But it is sooo unsolicited and unwanted. She suggested aqasya and mohd firman... I’m not into Malaysia’s malay drama actors and meaningless name..
Let’s make this into a contest. How many names my in-laws’ clan will suggest to me in the duration of next 9 months ?? Watch out for clues in this space. Grand prize winner is exempted from giving me any baby gift for my newborn.