Monday, November 21, 2005

Just one of them days...

*Trueblue is shivering*. Haiyaa...What a cold and wet Monday morning! The office seems to feel much colder too. I don’t like Mondays and am not in the best of moods to work at the moment. Looking at the gloomy weather outside also doesn’t really help boost up my energy level. *sigh*

You know, I was reading The Malay Mail on Saturday and saw this interesting article.

"A study of 250,000 employees in London found that job satisfaction influenced mental health in particular. Workers who are unhappy in their jobs are more likely to experience emotional burnout, have reduced self-esteem and suffer from anxiety"

Haha..Sounds familiar! I wouldn’t say I hate my job but I’m not exactly in love with it either. I realised after marriage, my interest in work got lesser and after having D*, the feeling got even worse. I’m not sure if its this current work that I don’t enjoy or just working in general. I want the pay..I mean, I’m used to getting my own money and not having to depend too much on anyone else. I still want to be able to buy my own things without having to ask for the money. Maybe its a simple job that I want. Something that requires less thinking, less pressure..An 8 to 5 job perhaps? I remembered conversations about wanting easy jobs like a receptionist or a dancer :) Remember this, concreterose? There were even times when we concluded that our dream job is to be a housewife. Punyalah malas nak kerja. Baik tak payah belajar tinggi-tinggi dulu kan? I guess if we were really interested in our work, we wouldn't have felt that way.

I so envy those people who are really in love with their job...people who are so eager to go to work. It must be a great feeling.. waking up every day and feeling so excited, so passionate to contribute to the company. For me, I just can’t wait for Fridays. Waiting for the day to be over so that I can enjoy my weekend. But weekends seem to always go by so fast, don’t you think? Without realising, its already Sunday night and you start feeling sad again..Its like, "Alamak...esok dah Monday...malasnya nak kerja!!!". The only thing that motivates me to go to work is the bunch of crazy friends I have. Breakfast time, lunch time and chit-chatting time are the things that I look forward to do.

You guys must think I’m so bad and so pathetic. Hehe...Nolah, I’m ok. No use complaining. Kerja kena ikhlas.. if not, it wouldn’t seem right to spend the money we get. Besides, if it was really that bad, I would have done something about it ages ago. I just focus on the good things in life. Better just enjoy what I’m doing or else I’ll end up bitching about every single thing in this office. Maybe because its Monday and I’m already feeling the work tension for the next 4 days. Remember the 20 suggestions for success? Well, I better start concentrating on suggestion number 2 :)

Oh God..Boss just called my name. Better go see what he wants..Later guys......