Monday, November 14, 2005

89/66 and LV

Last Saturday morning, I made an attempt to be a good member of the society. I decided to donate my blood. Impressed with mrjones who already donated more than 6 times, he lost count because he lost his old blood donation book, I followed him to Pusat Darah Negara at Jalan Tun Razak. The centre is just beside our National Library.

So that morning, I polished off baked macaroni leftovers freezed from the last day of fasting month last 2 weeks to prepare myself to donate blood. At PDN, I followed the standard blood donation protocol. Nurse pierced one of left hand finger to determine blood type and weighed me. I’m an A type and weighed 51kgs which pass the minimum requirement of 45kgs.

She then asked me to fill up the form consisting of my biodata and list of questions pertaining to my health condition. I found out that if you have lived in the UK, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Isle of Man and Isle of Wight from 1980 til 1996, you are permanently barred from donating blood. I can’t remember from which year living in Europe that also bar you from donating blood. So, trueblue, concreterose and yum yum, I think you guys are off the hook ! I also conveniently left blank the space which asks me about my occupation. I’m in the phase of telling anybody new that I’m not working. As housewife only...


Okay, sorry for deviating from the story path. After the compulsory interview, I was given a number for my turn to check my blood pressure. As usual, I miss my turn cos I went to the toilet but nevertheless, I get my blood pressure checked.

Hah ! I’m not cleared to donate cos my pressure is too low. On average, I’m at 54. Patutlah ambil my readings berkali-kali. Then, she gave me two options, either to eat at the room inside or come back again next time. So, I opt to eat cos mrjones doesn’t mind waiting. Food is only a piece of butter cakes and a pack of Julie’s cookies with hot milo. While I was eating the butter cake reluctantly (I hate butter cakes), mrjones joined me. His blood pressure was also low !! Tee hee....

I checked my blood pressure again and twice at that. Alas, I was not cleared to donate. My pressure is still low and pegged at 89/66. She doesn’t want me to faint after drawing my blood. ‘Tak pe, nanti in the future you boleh datang try derma...it’s normal for women to have low blood pressure. Untuk kehidupan sehari-hari, you memang okay tapi not okay untuk derma darah....’

Patut la I asyik sakit kepala je and selalu ngantuk..low blood pressure rupanya..last time, I tak boleh derma cos berat badan tak cukup. Now, blood pressure tak cukup pulak. Agaknya I was not meant to be a blood donor..

Last night I have the weirdest dream. I dreamt that my sister-in-law to my second brother opened a Louis Vuitton boutique. It was soooo exciting tapi barang2 semua mahal. I remember looking at one small handbag costing RM 5720 !! Wah dalam mimpi pun boleh ingat harga..the sling bag jer dah 15k plus ! My family semua complain at her cos barang semua mahal sangat. Husband dia siap merayu, bagi la staff discount cos he wanted to buy the pen. Apa da hal ? LV ada buat pen ke ?? Mengarut betul. My sister-in-law replied ‘tak boleh bagi discount la, HQ tak bagi punya...’ Lagi mengarut, my sister-in-law engaged Mawi as its ambassador. So Mawi dapat all the travelling bags..Cis kau jebat !!! Bangun pagi tadi, terus terpikir, mimpi apa la tu....
Syoknya kalau buka butik satu, tak yah susah-susah fikir pasal datang keje or answering to your boss.