Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Never Say Never

Bumped into an old friend yesterday. Not really that close..didn’t know what to say. So, as usual the conversation was more of "How are you...?", "Kerja kat mana?", "Are you still in touch with so and so?", "You are? Oh, how is she?" ...until suddenly she started talking about one of our schoolmates. "Did you know that XXXX dah divorce?". And she went on and on and on about how shocked she was, tak sangka it would happen, they just got married, asking me why I thought it happened, its not good to get divorced, etc.....I thought to myself, these are not nice things to say. I mean, I admit I was shocked but its not that I have been in touch with my friend and I know whats going on. So, until you know the truth...better not say/comment anything. I quickly ended the conversation, told her I had to rush back and left.

You know, maybe if I was single I would have made similar comments like my friend. But after a few years of marriage myself, mixing around with married people, hearing stories of divorced/separated couples, I’ve come to realise a few things...

1. Never say its not gonna happen to you. You’ll never know what lies ahead.Today you might be happy but who knows what might happen 10 years down the road. Don’t la be so action and say "I’ll never get divorced. I’m too good for that!"

2. Don’t simply judge people. Some couples may appear to be happy in public but you never know whats actually going on at home

3. Mind your own business. Don’t be minah kepochee. Unless either couple approach you to talk about their problems (or you were somehow involved), just pretend as if you don’t know whats going on. I think the couple have enough problems of their own to deal with.

I agree, its sad to hear these things happening but what to do...Some couples may have come to a point where they cannot live with each other anymore, cannot even tolerate or pretend that things are fine. So, the last resort is to just end the relationship.

I’m not even gonna try to analyse this problem further. Don’t have much knowledge on it. All I’m saying is..until you know the couple’s problem, dont start commenting or judging them and most importantly, NEVER SAY NEVER.........

I was listening to the radio whilst driving to work this morning and got excited when one of my favourite songs was suddenly on air. Anyway, two thumbs up for those happy couples out there :). May you live happily together, forever. This song is for you...Enjoy!

Taylor Dayne-I’ll always love you
I’ll always love you for the rest of my days
You have won my heart and my soul with your sweet sexy ways
You gave me hope when I needed someone near
You bring me happiness of every year

And I’ll always love you for all that you are
You have made my life complete you’re my lucky star
You are the one that I’ve been searching for
You are my everything tell me who could ask for more

Honey this will never end I need you by my side baby
You’re my lover my friend oh my friend

You gave my world a thrill I’d never known
And filled my eager heart with a love to call my own
And I’ll always love you you must know how much I do
You can count on me forever and I will take good care of you

I’ll always love you
I’m so happy that you’re mine
And I’ll always love you yes
Till the end of time