Thursday, December 08, 2005

The value of a smile :)

I wouldn’t consider myself as one of those poeple yang ‘pemurah dengan senyuman’ but I’m not exactly ‘kedekut’ with it either. Unless its some total stranger or someone I want to avoid (of course with valid reasons), I’ll always make sure I smile to the people I know. I get restless when I smile at someone and they don’t return it back. I’ll start wondering.."Kenapa dia tak senyum? Did I do something wrong? Takkan tak nampak, I was right in front of him/her...". I get so obsessed with the whole thing and won’t stop thinking about it until I know why the person didn’t smile back at me. The feeling is worse if its one of my good friends. But then again, I might have just caught the person at a bad time.

A simple smile can actually do wonders. There are days when I come to work and in no mood to do anything. But everytime my neighbours, *E* and T*rq*e pass by my cubicle...with their big smiles and say "HI BABE......!!!!!", it actually helps to brighten up my day. Thank you guys...

A smile is nature's best antidote for discouragement. It brings rest to the weary, sunshine to those who are sad, and hope to those who are hopeless and defeated.

A smile is so valuable that it can't be bought, begged, borrowed, or taken away against your will. You have to be willing to give a smile away before it can do anyone else any good.

So if someone is too tired or grumpy to flash you a smile, let him/her have one of yours anyway. Nobody needs a smile as much as the person who has none to give.

"A friendly look, a kindly smile, one good act, and life's worthwhile"