Thursday, January 12, 2006

"Trueblue, bila nak pindah ni??"

Yes..Yes...I have moved. I'm sure friends like Sweetpea must be jumping with joy. Hahaha.. Finally, huh?

God..I never thought moving to a new place was gonna be sooo hard. Asked me 2, 3 years ago, I'd have been so excited. But as the days got closer to moving time, I couldn't help but feel a weird sense of sadness. I guess I have been too comfortable and too attached to my family. I love my parent's house, I love my room, I love the neighbourhood, I love the peace and quiet. Its the place I grew up. Many memories. Sometimes its hard to let go after being so used to the comfort zone.

Packing the stuffs was ok. It was a good time to actually look through the crap I've kept throughout the years. A major spring cleaning so to speak. Kind of a good feeling and good reason to finally throw some of the irrelevant stuffs.

I know, people must think I sound pathetic. Hehe...But I spent most of my life in the house. When it was finally the day to leave, I spent the last few moments in my room..looking back at how empty it was. I knew I would be coming back but only as a visitor. And I'm pretty damn sure my parents are gonna store some of their stuffs in the room :).

I didn't think I was gonna cry but when we said our goodbyes that day, my mum's maid (Kak *S*) suddenly burst out crying. She was hugging D* and told her "jangan lupa makcik ye, nanti makcik rindu sama D*". I couldn't help but cry too. I knew how close she was with D*. She helped take care of D* from day 1. Then my mum started to cry. I wouldn't say we are a very close and lovey-dovey family but it was always a comfort to know they are always there in the house. D* got confused. Maybe thinking "apasal semua orang nangis ni??". Hehehe...Hubby had a look on his face as if thinking we have gone bonkers. He told me later "Bukannya pindah jauh sangat". I wanted to say "you wouldn't understand" but whats the point.

Oh well...its time to move on. Can't go on living with my parents forever, right?

The apartment is ok but a bit noisy coz we're facing the road. You guys are most welcome to come visit. But be warned, the apartment biasa je. Not as grand as Sweetpea's place. :)