Friday, January 20, 2006

Extreme Makeover

Did you guys read ‘The Star’ yesterday? There’s this particular article which gave me the shock of my life. Ok..maybe thats a bit of an exaggeration but still..I was kind of surprised. If you have been keeping abreast with the latest development in plastic surgeries, then maybe you know about this already. Maybe its just me who’s been ignorant to the world of science or probably I lived under a ‘tempurung’ all this while. Hehe...

You know how some women go through drastic measures (well, maybe not that drastic some women) to beautify themselves like botox, liposuction, nose job,tummy tuck, breast enlargement and what not? Well, I just got to know there’s this new trend in America (where else, huh?): Vaginal reconstruction including hymenoplasty.

My first reaction to this was "What the *toot* is that?". Well...apparently it offers patients new virginity. Women who go through this ‘revirgination’ procedure will undergo hymenoplasty, which involves reattaching the hymen (*ouch*) . She will be able to improve her sex life or enjoy a second honeymoon.

My second reaction to this was "WOW! We can do that now??" Amazing!

Girls who lost their virginity before marriage and maybe afraid to tell their soon-to-be husbands (assuming its not the same guy) would be jumping with joy to hear this latest development. I guess its easier now because they can show they have no sexual history. There was this lady in the article who shared that she underwent the surgery as a special gift for her husband on their 16th wedding Anniversary. She wasn’t a virgin when she got married and thought the best gift to give him was ‘revirgination’. "It was a real sentimental gift, it was something I could recreate for him and he was thrilled" she said.

The American Society of Plasttic Surgeons claim that vaginal surgery is one of the fastest growing trends in plastic surgery. An owner of a Health and Beauty Centre in New York explained that "Hymenoplasty is for women who want to please their husband or their lover and they know he wants to experience intercourse with a virgin".

I was really surprised with that statement. I mean, I know the first time is important but after a few years, do guys really wish their partners were virgins again? To tighten things up, I understand..but virgins again?

I don't know.....One thing’s for sure, not really interested to try all these plastic surgery procedures. I like to assume that my loved one is satisfied and pleased with me..inside and out. And hopefully it will remain that way for a very long time :)