Thursday, August 17, 2006

Beautician at Pasar Malam


Was at the pasar malam the other day and noticed this makcik selling cosmetic/make-up products.

What I found bizzare was that not only did she sell the typical pasar malam level brands, but also SKII products. And it looked like she almost had the complete set! Fuiyoo..terror makcik ni.

I didn’t take a closer look but from a glance, it kind of looked exactly the same as the ones sold at any beauty counters in Department stores (ie: Isetan, Parkson etc). Am not sure how much it costs but can guarantee it would be very much cheaper. If not, tak payah susah-susah jual kat pasar malam. Ye tak?

This whole thing made me laugh because the makcik wore something very ‘sempoi’, ie: just a tshirt and kain batik. No need to have a flawless face or have that professional image like the beauticians do. I wonder what her marketing strategy was...It was even funnier when she screamed out "Mari, mari....beli mekap..".

Anyway, no matter how much cheaper it may be, I don’t think I even want to try. Too risky. What if jerawat batu come out from my face? Errrk...I’ll just dieeeeeeeeeeeeeee................