Friday, June 09, 2006

football nation

The World Cup is here. WC will always reminds me of the time I first met my husband. It was during World Cup season 4 years ago. It was at one of my good school friend’s birthday dinner in June 2002. The dinner fell on the night where South Korea’s played against an European team. Semi final kot and lawan Germany rasanya. Of course I couldn’t miss it. I was amazed with the way Koreans hold themselves up against big shot teams in the World Cup. That my friends, is what I called a team worth to be a Global Champion in the Global Championship thing. Pasukan Asia menentang Pasukan Eropah. So yeah of course as an Asian I felt impressed and awed with them. I often watch with interest on how they play football that current national team failed to do. Is it our physique ? Is it our technique ? Aiyoo, I leave it to the experts to rejuvenate our football scene.

So I was a bit frustrated that I can’t watch the whole match. What I did, I got ready early, watch the first half and then raced to fetch my other friend who wanted to ride with me and speed furiously to Jalan Mayang where Ye Olde Smokehouse situated which is somewhere behind Avenue K now. I was naive to expect that that kind of restaurant having a tv to accomodate football diners.

I slumped on their sofa when I found out that they don’t have a tv. I nearly cried for the wasted effort of speeding only to find there’s no tv ! Yeah, this is not a mamak establishment, what can I expect right ? Then, I realised that there’s a guy already seated in front of me but I was way too frustrated so I didn’t bother to sit like a lady but somewhere like orang kalah judi. Since he’s the guest of the birthday girl, I assumed he’s the birthday girl’s date that night.

Next thing I knew, birthday girl invited me for lepak after office hours the next day with our other friends plus him as well. After that lepak session, we exchanged our cards although I feel a bit strange cos she already had my card. So, in the end, mrjones pun dapat la jugak my card. The next day, I got an email from him saying that he wants to call me up. Me not being comfortable, agreed but I told him I can’t talk long because I was not at my own cubicle. I was working on an IT department’s improvement project so we had to share one office phone with nearly 20 people in a room. So we ended up exchanging Yahoo messenger’s ID which was so convenient cos I can think first before I write.

And that’s how we began as a couple and went on marrying each other and now creating little Jones.. Thanks to FIFA World Cup. And oh, I wish I give birth somewhere after 9th June so that I can watch these football matches during my midnight feeds..

Wanna see my grill ?
Ada jugak dentist and jeweller yang nak melayan kerenah nelly, the hip hop bling bling star. There is this one video clip of a song showed him wearing jewellery grill that when he smiles or grins, he flashes diamond. Back up singer siap singing "boy, how you get grill that way and how much did you pay hey..." Isk isk ! Tapi impressive la diamond-encrusted grill dia.. reminds me of my angan-angan - to own half or one carat solitaire diamond earrings...