Friday, May 19, 2006

the pregger in me

1. Silver cross pram
Oh yeah, I still couldn’t get over its price. Yes, it is £ 9000 !! Ada dijual di harrods london.. Hai memang terjuling bijik mata. I was walking at 1 utama when I saw this expensive stroller from brand, Stokke. It costs RM4000, woweee !! Haaa, yang ini kalau nak mahal pun memang berbaloi la cos boleh buat macam-macam. High tech you.. You can turn it into a high chair, can manouvre while turun tangga, can adjust lots of levels, can turn the stroller to face you or face the scenery in front.. Lots of possibilities. I don’t think silver cross can do those stuffs, if it can, then the price will zoom to £ 15000 or more !!
2. Baby package
Walking in to a baby shop on a Sunday left me walking away in amazement. There’s a sense of deja vu. It’s like walking into a bridal shop where you can buy a package that includes bridal trousseau, makeup, pelamin, bedroom, hantaran, the works..
Here, I can opt for a baby package that includes baby cot, stroller, baby car seat, breast pumps, baby cot mattress and pillows set, the works.. In the end, we didn’t buy anything.
Huaaaa !!! Macam nak kawin lagi sekali jer...
3. Neo oh neo, neo kucing nakal !
I was so embarassed with nyonya gan, my neighbour. She told my mum, neo’s despicable act. He caught and ate nyonya gan’s gold fish and other smaller gold fishes from her pond. Nyonya gan had to buy new gold fishes and a steel net to cover her pond.
Aiyoo, neo...why u’re giving me such disgrace... ( Mana itu penyapu lidi..? ) I am wondering whether nyonya gan’s gold fishes are as expensive as gold cos I plan to replace her gold fishes. Poor nyonya gan...
4. Oh, I read about katie holmes’ delivery and she did not fully follow scientology’s way of delivery - the silence way.. Hmm, I can imagine if I am a scientology follower, I’ll be a confirmed apostate with the amount of screaming and swearing I’ll make in the labour room, heheee.. A great sinner, no less !!
5. One of my friend’s wife has just given birth last week to a baby girl with the help of a vacuum. Aisey man... I wonder how I will fare in the future. Kalau wife dia tak reti nak push although dah attend class, apa pula la nasib I nanti..
6. I already celebrated my 2nd wedding anniversary which fall on Labour Day recently. We went to Redang. I teringin nak pergi Redang bcos darling hubby asyik cakap, "pasir pantai dia cantik, macam bedak you.." Aargghh.. I pun teringin la nak pergi.. Furthermore, I can try to overcome my fear of sea. So, I did snorkel but kat tepi laut je ( ada Marine Park ) and for a short time cos hubby dah terasa kulit dia pedih from the piercing sun although he has slather thick layers of sunblock more than I did. The second time snorkel which was around the island, I dah takut cos on that day - the water was quite rough due to the cloudy weather. I panicked so I naik balik atas bot and sat on the edges feeding schools of fish with old bread courtesy of hotel’s kitchen. Can’t handle choppy and wavy sea, calm sea water only for me. At the last stop, it was drizzling but that doesn’t stop our group from snorkelling. Hubby was having so much fun bcos there’s no piercing sun to bother him, lucky him !!
7. Yesterday, I went to watch the anticipated movie The Da Vinci Code. I went to watch the 5.25 pm movie. TGV KLCC ni memang sucks la. At first, sound system kaput. Then, tak leh roll the reel pulak and ended up watching nearly 30 mins of ads including masa silent time.. Boring betul laa... So I ended up exiting the cinema at 8.20 pm cam tu. Eeee, rugi masa betul la.. Patutnya dah boleh keluar cinema by 8 pm !! Grrr !!!
8. I read in the sun paper, young mind’s ( I think) column yesterday. The writer rant and rave about being called less Malaysian just because she doesn’t eat petai. She’s also not satisfied with Raja Azmi’s strong statement given in Fenomena Seni tv programme. She said that Malaysia belongs to the Malay.
I’m not sure whether to be amused or feel sympathy for the writer. For me, why should she feels disturbed with those inane statements ? Eating petai is an individual’s choice. No need to feel patriotic or nationalistic or racist about it. Same goes to statement Malaysia belongs to the Malay. By right, Raja Azmi should be arrested under ISA for creating social unrest among audience. But since she’s a film producer and appear on RTM, I don’t know if Dato Zainudin Maidin wants to take any action. Not enough of an issue to elevate his political status as opposed to the cartoon. For all you know, he doesn’t even watch that inane programme.
First of all, if I’m a French, I don’t think I would be dubbed less French than my other countrymen just because I don’t eat escargot or foie gras. Maybe I’m a vegetarian or I’m just geli to eat it. Plenty of reasons to not eating them so it’s very much an individual’s choice. Same goes to petai la.. Eating or not eating them does not make a Malaysian more or less Malaysian.
As for the strong statement, I wouldn’t be bothered so much too cos who is this bozo Raja Azmi anyway ? She’s not a million dollar film producer in the same league as Yusuf Haslam. From her argument, you can easily tell that she’s not that really an intelligent person. Her movies are all flops. I think she has her own agenda to popularise herself by making strong statement on national tv. She’s not an academia nor the 21st century thinker. She’s just jealous of Yasmin Ahmad cos she kept bashing at Sepet and Gubra movie in that programme.
So, as long as the writer owns IC and/or Malaysian passport, she’s very much a Malaysian. Think about all those Orang Asli children who don’t have birth certs. No birth certs equals no IC equals NO country. And that, not Malaysian at all !!
What a waste of newpaper space. For me, the writer should give her views on macro level such as the state of our water supply if she's not aware of Orang Asli situation. It’s dirty and smelly. For middle and high class people, they can afford to buy water filters but what about those from low income group? They are drinking water unfit for consumption as if living in those African country and yet this is Malaysia. So called developing country with twin towers some more. The nearest example is the water supply to my sister in law’s rented flat in Taman Melati, Gombak. It’s so karat !! Argghh....
Malaysians do not care about their society and environment anymore. If we do, then we don’t have to suffer buying expensive filters and Yasmin Ahmad doesn’t have to make thought-provoking movies. How could we profess our love to God when at the same time we perform cruelty to animals ? Not slowing down when we see cats or dogs doing their road crossing. Yup, we care no more...