Friday, June 30, 2006

Patience

Everyone knows patience has a limit.

Yes, I am a very patient person. I seldom blow up but please don’t push me too much or you may be shocked beyond words.

Lately, I realise that my patience has been tested to the max.

To be honest, I’m tired, I’m stressed and have had enough. But so far, with God’s help, I am still able to stand strong.

I was asked by a good friend, "How do you get to be so patient?"

Its not that easy. Having the utmost patience requires mental strength.

I try not to think about it too much.

I try to think of good things...think of the good things people do. Have happy thoughts..and in some ways, it makes me calm.

Patience is all I have. I think it makes me a better person.

But I know, people may think I am weak. That’s ok. There’s a quote I hold on to..
"Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold. For if you put on more clothes as the cold increases, it will have no power to hurt you. So in like manner you must grow in patience when you meet with great wrongs, and they will then be powerless to vex your mind. "
-Leornado Da Vinci-

But having said that, I still have my limits. I may be slow to anger, dislike quarelling and avoid ill-feeling but don’t go overboard because if people provoke me too much, I will explode into violent outbursts of ferocious anger. And believe me, that is not a sight you want to see :)