Thursday, February 23, 2006

Am hoping.....

1.
I haven’t been feeling well these past 2 weeks. It started off with having a sore throat. Then last week I had the sniffles. This week it turned to coughing. Its been so bad that my stomach muscles hurt every time I cough, my eyes get watery, my chest hurts and I can’t even talk properly. My throat feels so itchy that I feel like taking it out and scrubbing it with berus dawai. Argghh!!

Anyway, my beloved sister gave me a scare yesterday. With the latest report of bird flu findings at the Genting Klang area, she warned me about the possibility of having the same sickness since I live around the same area. Aiyoo...please don’t scare me la...I panicked a bit and wanted to find out more about this H591 virus (obviously was ignorant about the virus when things were fine and dandy). I quickly checked out the symptoms:
-Fever
-Sore throat
-Muscle aches
-Headache
-Lethargy
-Conjunctivitis (eye infections)
-Breathing problems
-Chest pains

Alamak...Those symptoms can be seen in any normal sickness. So, how to tell? My doctor didn’t say anything when I went to see him on Tuesday. He only said "come back if you’re still coughing after a week". Gosh! Should I hit the panic button?? I hope I get well real soon. Pray for me guys.........

2.
The day I dreaded finally came last Saturday. My maid (C*) went back to Indonesia for good. I was praying D* wouldn’t go berserk but surprisingly she handled it well. I have a feeling she thinks C* is going for a short trip and will be back soon. I tried hard not to cry but couldn’t control the sadness. I shed a few tears as we hugged goodbye. I thanked her for everything and will truly miss her.

As expected, D* has been asking for C* these past few days. At the moment, its still under control. As long as she doesn’t get ‘demam rindu’, then we’ll be ok.

I’ve been doing the cooking and cleaning since C* left. Tiring but what to do....Someone’s got to do it, right? Actually housework is not that bad and besides, I love to clean. We are in the midst of getting a new maid. We’ve been told that she can’t wait to work in Malaysia. I wonder why...but anyway, I hope she’ll turn out fine.