Tuesday, September 12, 2006

*Giggle giggle*

Juggling 4 projects at one time with Big Boss breathing down your neck every other day or so isn’t exactly what I call a fun time. With the many things going on, I got pretty annoyed when Boss asked me to attend a presentation which wasn’t top priority at the time.

It was Friday evening and I was looking forward to just taking my own time to finish off what’s left of the week. True enough, I wasn’t able to give my full attention. I just couldn't be bothered. I was amazed to see Jehan (who sat beside me) listening attentively. Gosh Jehan, how do you do it?

After about 10 minutes, I got bored and started passing notes to Jehan.

Me: I’m bored
Jehan: Me too
(Hah! Berlakon rupanya dia..)
Me: I’m not even listening to him. What the hell is he on about? Why can’t I concentrate?
Jehan: Its ok. Just imagine that he’s Ricky Martin singing "Livin La Vida Loca".

*giggle giggle*

We went back to listening to the guy.

5 minutes later.....

Me: Eh, you notice tak dia cakap sambil tutup mata?
Jehan pinched me and we *giggled-giggled*

Jehan: A’ahla...Why la like that?
Me: Maybe he needs to imagine what he’s talking about...

Both of us looked back at him and *giggled-giggled*

We ended up not being able to look at the presenter for fear of bursting into laughter. It was quite hard to control and be discreet about it as there were only 5 of us in the meeting. I know its bad to laugh at people but we couldn't help it. The guy is ok when he talks normally but everytime he starts presenting, he’ll close his eyes like every 2 sentences. It was as if he was trying to picture his words. And he looked so passionate while doing it. I don’t know, to me it felt really weird. It was really distracting my attention.

Boss gave us a nasty stare and had the look as if saying:"What are you girls laughing at??". Seeing how boring the whole presentation was, I bet Boss was just jealous and secretly wishing "I also want to join the fun". I know you, Boss..you don’t have to pretend....

Well, serves him right for asking me to attend the presentation.

*giggle giggle*