Thursday, September 14, 2006

The day Trueblue felt like a zombie

I can’t remember the last time I really, really, really had a good sleep. Oh wait....give me a few more minutes to think about this... Ahhh, yes...maybe it was the time the girls and I went to the spa at Plaza Sri Damas. Yeah, that was it. I remembered coming back home and had the best nap ever. I woke up feeling fresh and rejuvenated! But hey, that was way back in January. So long ago maaaaaaaahhh...

These past few days I have been having trouble sleeping. Maybe I’ve been thinking too much about things like the ever increasing workload coming in and a few other stuffs. The other night I even had a scary dream and woke up whimpering. I couldn’t sleep back after that. I have been tired and exhausted but I guess not tired enough to just simply fall asleep. I hate it when this happens. My body says ‘go to sleep’ but my eyes just doesn’t want to shut. Urghhh...

Usually I have to read a book to make me fall asleep. But last night it just didn’t work. I was half way through my story book and still wasn’t sleepy. Thought I should watch tv but just wasn’t in the mood. I didn’t know what else to do. I ended up just staring at the ceiling until my eyes got tired. I think I finally dozed off about 4am. My alarm clock rang at 6.15am and I didn’t have the energy to wake up and go to the office. And now I feel like a zombie. Been yawning every 5 minutes.

A straight 6-8 hours sleep without any interference is what I would call a great sleep. I am a light sleeper. Once there is a distruption, I will have a tough time to fall back asleep again. Unless I am really, really tiredlah. Thats why I really value my sleeping hours. I’ll get cranky when I don’t have enough sleep.

Maybe I just need to make it a habit of visiting the spa. I guess my body is aching for a good massage. I should book a time before the fasting month.

Can't wait :)