Monday, March 05, 2007

The fickle minded me

I sometimes tend to over-analyse things to the point that it can become ‘analysis-paralysis’. I also worry a lot which becomes a hindrance when I need to make fast decisions.

My management has offered me a few options about work and have been waiting for an answer since ages ago but for the love of God, I just cannot decide. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Am I being overly cautious? Too afraid to let people down? Fear of making the wrong choice? I guess I just don’t want to disappoint people and you know, in the end humiliate myself if I don’t perform well.

I’ve been thinking and thinking and thinking. Been talking to a few people to get opinions but I have still not come to a conclusion. I just cannot decide. I keep thinking about the ‘what if's’. If I do it this way, what will happen? If I do it the other way, what would be the consequences?

Maybe I’m just thinking TOO MUCH. Stop thinking and just do it, huh? People say, follow your heart. Your heart will know what to do. What does my heart feel? Hmmm..that’s something to think about…Gosh Trueblue…STOP THINKING!!!

And now I have an aching head from all the deep thinking which doesn’t really help when I’m suppose to actually rest my mind.

Talked to a friend earlier and he said “Just make a call and to hell with the rest!!”. Haha..I think that’s exactly what I should do.