Friday, February 16, 2007

The long journey home

When you’re tired, sleepy, have a massive headache and feel like throwing up plus having a leg injury; getting stuck in a traffic jam for 2 bloody hours is the worst feeling ever!!! And it’s even worse when you’re the only one in the car.

I was trying so hard to stay awake, slapping myself a few times. The aircond made me sleepier so I thought I’d wind down the window but the smell of smoke was too much to bear.

I don’t know what happened at the KL-Seremban highway yesterday evening. The cars were bumper to bumper. A journey that should take max 30 minutes from Kajang to my apartment went up to 2 whole hours. I was actually in the verge of tears and was praying hard because it got to a point where I thought I wanted to give up and just leave my car in the middle of the road. I think if I had someone else with me or if I didn’t feel so sick, I would have tolerated the situation much better. My head felt like it was spinning. I was massaging my temples and the back of my neck, hoping the pain would subside.

When everyone feels stressed to be stuck in a traffic jam, it is also not such a great idea to be asked to move our cars for the benefit of the VIPs. There was a point when we heard sirens from the traffic police who screamed out “Beri laluan, Beri laluan” for some big shot. The perks of being a VIP, never having to be caught in a traffic jam. *sigh* We couldn’t even move forward that much, so it was actually hard to give the police and VIP some space to go ahead. I was actually swearing at the time. I guess it would be fine if it was the ambulance or fire brigade but for VIPs, well..it does feel a bit annoying.

I was so glad when I finally reached home. It was a feeling of absolute relief. For all the pain I had to endure for the past 2 hours, the moment I reached the parking lot, I really did feel like kissing the ground. I made it and still alive :). *phew*