Wednesday, November 22, 2006

*cough*cough*..and memories of BTU Batch 9

My damn cough is back again. It puzzles me why every few months or so I’ll keep getting the same illness. It’s bloody irritating and tiring. Irritating because my throat feels so itchy that I feel like scrubbing it with berus dawai. Tiring because I can’t sleep at night due to the constant coughing (and you know how cranky I get when I don’t get enough sleep). And I’m pretty sure my officemates find it irritating too. Not only do they have to endure the ‘noise’ but risk being infected with germs that I’m spreading around. I’m trying to refrain myself from talking too much. I realized that the talking aggravates the coughing which leads to the never-ending coughing. *sigh*

Anyway, on an unrelated matter, last night I felt like going down memory lane and look back at old photos. These were photos with my scholar mates during the A-Level years in the UK. Gosh..we looked so young and innocent! I really miss those times. Flipping through the album, I couldn’t help but smile remembering all the memories. We were a pretty close bunch..all 20 of us (guys and girls). We loved to do everything together. Even though we went to different schools, we still kept in touch by writing each other letters/cards. The best time was when we met up in London during the weekends or holidays. We’d go ice-skating, hang-out at Hyde Park, roller-blade, watch movies, go sight-seeing, shopping, have our meals at the Malaysia Hall cafeteria, Mawar restaurant,etc..We just wanted to spend as much time together because we know things will be different when we go back to school. Since our families were way back in Malaysia, the bond that we had kept us strong and this made us not miss home too much.

But of course things kind of changed when we entered University and some of us started having relationships. We were busy with our studies and didn’t have as much time to hang out with each other. The gang kind of split and some of us just kept in touch with smaller groups. It’s even worse now that most of us are married and some don’t even work with the same company anymore. We still try to keep in touch as much as we can but we know we can’t have that same bond we used to have before. I guess that’s ok and understandable. Whatever it is, our memories together will still remain. And when I feel like reminiscing the old times, I’ll just go flip through them old albums. :)